So this assignment was interesting. We combined two different ideas and made them into one. The first was spirit photography (having a ghost in your picture), and the second was to make the picture/s work with a stereoscope. A stereoscope helps to create an illusion of depth in an image. This is done by putting two images next to each other that are slightly different. You know those little machines that Disney has that you put a round reel of picture slides in and the pictures pop out 3-D, and you pull the little lever on the side to change the picture? This is kind of like that. But the stereoscope my teacher has is much older. Anyway, I had to take two pictures of the exact same scene but in the second image the camera is moved just about two inches to the right. Also, to make the illusion of a ghost you only put that subject in one of the pictures...giving them a transparent glow. We also had to make up a company name for our image, and we had to write a story about what is going on the image. It all had to look dated. I looked at my image through the stereoscope today and to my total surprise and delight, it worked! Here it is. Of course it's much cooler if you have the device to look through, but I guess you'll just have to use your imagination!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Assignment #4- Spirit and Steroscopy
Posted by Callie at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
WOW THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! You did a GREAT job....I love it!!
Oh my GOSH! That is so AWESOME!! You did an AWESOME JOB!!! Awesome... what more can I say... ok Talented.... Awesome and Talented. Wonderful!
aaaahhhh!!!! creepy-ish-ly cool. ba, did you even understand that?!
That is really cool. How do you do that? I would love to learn. That was a morbid story. What are they teaching you in photography?
Post a Comment