And let me tell you it was really frightening! I was walking to get on one of the buses that run around NAU and I didn't see a nasty patch of ice in time. Both feet flew out from under me and I landed flat on my back (Home Alone, Lost in New York Style). It really hurt and I was so embarrassed...so of course, I started to cry. Some really kind, chivalrous guys got off the bus and came running to my aide. One of them asked, "Are you alright?!" I said, "Yes I'm fine, but I'm pregnant so I'm really not supposed to be falling." He responded with "Oh no!" and then sat by me until I was ready to get up. They each took an arm and hoisted me up and then one of them actually dusted me off! Then they helped me get safely aboard the bus. I felt so stupid, but more importantly I was freaking out because I had just taken a really hard fall. I didn't hit my head and I was wearing my backpack, but still my backside hurt pretty bad. I called my OB's office and they told me to come right in just in case. They strapped two little machines to my belly, one to monitor the baby's heartbeat, and the other to monitor whether or not I was having any contractions. I wasn't, thank heaven! And the heartbeat was normal and everything looked fine. The Dr. said I would be really sore tomorrow, though. :) I will take sore over having something wrong with the baby any day!
Monday, February 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Whew! Good to hear that you and baby will be just fine! Hope your soreness goes away soon!
Oh, that's scary! Glad you are ok and baby seems fine, too. Thank heaven for chivalrous guys who don't laugh at you when you feel your silliest...
I didn't know you had a blog! So cute :) I found you on Janina's blog....
Oh man!!! So, so glad that you and the lil missy are ok. That is super scary!!! Sorry you are so sore! Glad your hubby is back home with you to take care of you.
So scary! When I was like 6 or 7 months pregnant with Braden I slipped while I was going down the stairs. It was really no big deal. All I did was fall on my butt, but I was SO scared for Braden! I just sat there and bawled and just waited to feel him move. I think it just scared him, too.
Post a Comment