I feel like I don't blog much about what is going on in our lives, since mostly my brain is consumed with pregnancy. So I thought I would just do a little catch-up. Here is the deal-io with the Walters lately. I am a full time student. You have seen some of my portraiture from one of my classes, but I am also taking a Photo workflow class that teaches basics in photoshop, lightroom, and bridge, among other things. It would be a good class if my teacher wasn't so boring. :) I'm also taking an art class because I needed an elective. We just finished a big project where we had to use only line to portray an emotion. It was....interesting. :{ And last but certainly not least, I am taking an advertising class (as it is my minor) and it's really kicking me hard. It will be my toughest class this semester for sure. I also work part-time still as an after school care giver working with Kindergarten through 6th graders.
Randon just about got done with all his pre-requs last semester for his MBA and is now in the market for a full-time job. He still works at Coconino Community College as a higher math tutor but is spending most of his time doing intense job searching. He has had several interviews, a few of which seemed promising but we are waiting to hear back. So if anyone knows any engineer companies hiring or hears of anything...you know that sort of thing... please keep us in mind. He is also, of course, the best husband in the world, and takes great care of me. I am so thankful for him.
Last weekend my parents and Leslie and her two kiddos came up for a visit. My parents stayed with Cara and Les and her two stayed with us. Poor Sammy was so sick, but oh my word, he is the cutest kid ever! We had a good time visiting. They brought me chips and salsa from La Casita because I've been craving it. I was MOST grateful and such a happy girl!
The day before yesterday (Friday night) our stake put on an Adult only Luau at the stake center and it was so fun! They had great food, good entertainment (the most beautiful 90 year old woman did a hula dance), games (with paper towel tubes...hilarious), and a dance. We had a really good time and made some new friends! I love it when there are fun activities to go to that I don't have to plan and are free! It makes it so much easier to get out!
So that's what up with the Walters lately. Busy busy busy. But life is so good and we can't wait for this little one to come! (See? I can't stay away from the pregnancy very long!) Hope you are all well and happy!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
The Deal-io
Posted by Callie at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
have you looked into usgs for randon? or gore? ryan's brother worked at usgs for a few years as an engineer and enjoyed it. i can't say whether they are hiring or not though.
TEXAS. There are tons of jobs out here. The big thing that helped David was fasting, prayer, indeed.com, and applying in person. Take a look in the area and any others. Good luck.
Thanks for the update Cal. And I love the belly picture! Can't wait to see it in person. And I love your nick name post. I LOVE nick names. There is something so personal about a nick name. I have to have a nick name for every one i love!
Post a Comment