Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goings On

Today someone asked me what has been going on in my life...you know, what I'm up to and how I'm doing. I told her, but I think I'll tell all of you as well.

Randon has been working hard at his FMI internship (FMI is the company that took over Phelps Dodge- the mine). He has a great schedule (so we get to spend late afternoon and evening together) and we're able to save a little for next semester when we will be heading to Flagstaff where he will complete his MBA at NAU. These are his boots and jeans after he gets off work.I have not been working. YAY! I have been able to aerobisize with my mom and sisters (lots of fun), I have picked fruit, fed animals, and served people! I have been able to play with my adorable nieces and nephews. Bella and I played Princess today. She had so much fun with my big make-up kit....it was really funny when a man came to the door and there I was with my crown on and my pretty make-up. Hee hee.

It has been so glorious! The best part is I have been able to go to the Temple anytime I want to.

I have been doing more with Photography (which I love). Dena's ward recently hired me to take pictures of their families at the Temple. It was lots of fun. And here is one of a cute family I recently took. Super cute.
I applied to NAU where I would like to get my Bachelors in Photography (I am currently waiting to hear back from them). And I have recently picked up oil painting. I've always wanted to try, so I did. Here is one of my first attempts...number three as a matter of fact.
Oh and I have one of the Best Husbands in the entire world. Did I mention that?
Life is good.

7 comments:

Trevor, Brittany, and Addison Gardner said...

K, wow Callie, that painting is REALLY good. You just "picked it up??" Sheesh! You know, I'm really in need of some wall art, and I'd love to have a Callie Walters original painting for my very own!

Heather said...

That painting is awesome! I am really impressed.

Amanda said...

i enjoy reading your blog.

Amy Allred said...

You are an AMAZING photographer! You are also...oh-so-entertaining!

Christina LeSueur said...

That was your THIRD attempt! Holey moley. You just become more and more awesome!

Burklund Blogger said...

HOLY CRAP Callie! I'm totally not talented in the water color or oil painting department. Well done. You'll LOVE Flag. We did and we still miss it.

Walters Family said...

HoLy SmOkeS... you REALLY painted that?? That is totally awesome!!! I could never paint that good. You did awesome girl! I totally enjoyed spending time with you and Randon this past weekend... seeing movies, playing games... it was super fun! Love you guys!