Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mama


A few weeks ago Randon was gathering some things online for my Mom for a slideshow she was putting together for girls camp. Their theme is "Focus" and he found a really cool picture of words in focus through glasses that he thought would be nice to send to her but it had a watermark on it. So he suggested I try to recreate it with my own camera. So I did. The focus through the glasses in my picture was their camp scripture. I thought, "I hope she likes this". And of course, when I called to tell her it had been sent and she opened it, she ooood and awwwwd appropriately and made me feel very good about myself. And I realized that my Mother has always done that. No matter what I am doing in life; a play, a sport, a craft, singing, directing....etc., my Mom has always made me feel like I am the most amazing, the most talented, the most crafty...the BEST of the bunch. It's like that country song, "I am Rosemary's Granddaughter, the spitting image of my Father, and when the day is done my Mama's still my biggest fan." So on days when I don't feel I measure up, or I'm doubting my abilities, I just have to remember that my Mama thinks I'm wonderful. And I really appreciate that. I can only hope that when this little girl comes, I can be half the Mom my Mom is and I'll be doing good. Of course, my Mom will make me feel like the best, even if I'm not. So here's to my Mama! One of the best in the world! I love you and I appreciate your love and support and encouragement. Thank you.

0 comments: