Friday, May 20, 2011

40+3 (As they say at the Dr.'s office).

Well here I am 3 days past D day and not a sign of labor in sight. Apparently my family tends to run over, which I was aware of, but slightly hoping I might be the one to break the mold. No luck. Randon was called two weeks ago with an opportunity to interview with a company in Ohio. They wanted him to go...well yesterday. He said no, of course, because surely I would have or be having the baby by then so how about the next week? They called him back and had scheduled his flight for Sunday (as in the day after tomorrow) and his interview for Monday. Well...crap. We went to my appointment Tuesday (my actual due date) and asked the Dr. if we should just induce so there was no possibility he would miss it. After being checked, the answer was a definite no. But she felt bad for me so she set me up to see the Dr. on call at the hospital this week to see what he thought. We went in yesterday to see him. He checked me, and the answer was still a definite no. He said I was a one "at best" and the head wasn't low enough. Bummer. So much for breaking the mold in my family. :)

So here we are getting Randon ready for an interview, playing a very dangerous waiting game, and feeling just fine about it all. Maybe this interview will pan out well and lead to a job! After the Dr. said we shouldn't induce we both felt good about it. I mean, who wants to force a long and painful labor if they don't have to? Not me. So I will lay on the couch the two days Randon is gone and not make any sudden moves. And I'm sure you will be hearing from me after he get's back and I have my next appointment...and there still won't be a baby. So there.

6 comments:

LucyH said...

Just be patient Callie. There is really no need to rush these things and it is usually better to let baby come when ready.You can do it!!!!!

Megan said...

Awww. I'm doing the risky game of 2 days without Matthias right now while he's running a race. I've still got a week and a half though. Best of luck when baby does come! And good luck to Randon!

Kim Krok said...

My first was 4 days late and I was so anxious to see him! ps. I like how your baby counter says "your baby is 5 days old" :) Won't be long for you now!

Walters Family said...

Oh, Girl, I am sorry. We pray that Randon will be home for the birth. We are so so EXCITED for that "Lil Miss', as I am SURE you are!! She will be here soon!

Krissa said...

oh soon...soon... soon... she will be here in your arms in no time!!!!
Good Luck to Randon in Ohio.. crazy timing! haha... i hope to be there in a couple weeks...beginning of June!!!

Meagan said...

OHIO?! Excuse me! I don't think so! On a slightly more realistic note, I hope it works out for you guys. Any job opportunity is great, right? Just sad to have you so far away. :( I hope the baby waits til THE MINUTE Randon gets back, and not any later! :)

Love you!