Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

So Easter Weekend was our Stake Conference and Tylon's "Farewell". Elder Nelson and Elder Cook (a newly called member of the first quorum of the 70) came to our Stake Conference. We didn't want to miss that, but there was no chance we were going to miss Tylon speaking. So we found a way to do both! Randon went to the Priesthood Leadership meeting Saturday afternoon, and we both went to the adult session Saturday night. It was AMAZING! We sat in the second row over on the right side in the smaller section. We could see Elder Nelson from where we were, just a few feet away. During the opening song (High on a Mountain Top) he looked over at Randon and I and gave a big smile and nod. It was super neat. After the conference we headed to Mesa and attended Tylons "farewell" Sunday morning. He did a wonderful job!

I wanted to share my favorite part from both Elder Nelson's and Tylon's talks. Because it was Easter it was all about the Savior, which I love. Elder Nelson taught a lot about literal translations. My favorite was Hallelujah. He said Hallel means praise, u is to, and jah is actually a form of Jehovah. So Hallelujah is literally translated, "Praise to the Lord God Jehovah." I loved that. Then in Tylon's talk he read a really neat poem by a woman named Emily Harris.

"The linen which once held Him is now empty.
It lies there, fresh and white and clean.
The door stands opened.
The stone is rolled away.
And I can almost hear the angels singing His praises.
Linen cannot hold Him.
Stone cannot hold HIm.
The words echo through the empty limestone chamber,
'He is not here.'
The linen which once held Him is now empty.
It lies there, fresh and white and clean.
And oh, Hallelujah, it is empty."

When he got to that last line, I thought about what Hallelujah actually means and I cried. Praise the Lord God Jehovah, the linen is empty and He is risen. I was very overcome by the Spirit. Tylon bore a very sweet testimony of the Savior and His sacrifice. He does such a good job speaking. Randon and I were both so proud. Here is our last picture with him that Sunday.
He headed to the MTC Wednesday and already sent a wonderful letter! We are both so excited for him and just so proud! I can't believe both our brothers are on Missions! It seems like they grew up so fast!

1 comments:

Krissa said...

LOVE this!!!
he did a great talk... thanks for sharing about Elder Nelson... that is neat!