Monday, September 27, 2010

HELP!

In one of my classes, the teacher is having us watch a movie that is....not in my taste. I asked if there were any possibility I could watch something different and still get credit. He said I could as long as I picked a movie that was about a dysfunctional family. I love movies but I'm at a loss. Anyone know any good, tasteful, clean movies about a dysfunctional family? Anyone? Anyone?

8 comments:

Walters Family said...

Dad suggested "The Outsiders". It is rated PG-13, violence, teen drinking and smoking. It is an oldie movie.
Another, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" PG-13
Another, "Arsenic and Old Lace", that's a 1944 classic. Funny one.
Another, "Four Christmas'" with Reese Witherspoon & Vince Vaughn.
That should give you some ideas to start with.

Chelsie said...

So I've stalked your blog but have some ideas - so I'll come out of hiding.
- Mommy Dearest
- Yours, Mine, and Ours (w/Lucille Ball)
- Raising Helen
Good Luck!

(btw I knew you from EA - we were in the same ward - so I'm not a total stranger . .. ..)

Krissa said...

The Family Stone
Remember Me
Juno

M. G. said...

I think you would really like "Whats Eating Gilbert Grape"..good story, GREAT acting (Leo DiCaprio plays a retarded kid very convincingly, and Johnny Depp).

Matthias said...

I think it would be more challenging to find a movie that depicts a traditional family

Erin Cox said...

One movie that comes to mind is "In Her Shoes." It's a great movie about dysfunctional sisters... only some minor language and adult content. Its really good. PG13.

Burklund Blogger said...

I agree... it might be more difficult to find a movie about a traditional family. You could technically suggest movies like Alladin, Beauty and the Beast, or the Little Mermaid... none of them have a mom in the movie! or... Harry Potter... he doesn't have any parents and lives with his aweful extended family!
50 1st Dates
Finding Forrester
Night at the Museum
Maybe these aren't all focused around the family, but the families are in the movie...

What was the movie she wants you to watch?

Jill said...

I could send you some of my family's home movies! j/k