Sunday, June 7, 2009

Everything will be Alright! (100th POST)

Okay so my hundredth post is kind of a sad one. First and foremost, I got laid off on Monday (collective groan here), totally unexpected, kind of slimishly handled, no severence, no compensation, no "thanks for all you've done for our MISERABLE little school", simply a "we can't afford to keep you, you're welcome to re-apply in the fall". I had so many (unpleasant) things I wanted to say to that man, but I knew I wouldn't feel good about it later. So I simply said, "Frankly, I'm a little relieved." Then I walked out. They let five others go after me. I went home Monday afternoon feeling so sad and worried and hyperventalative (okay so it's not a word...but you knew what I meant!). I just kept thinking, "What are we going to do? How are we gonna pay for summer school? How are we gonna live? Where am I gonna find a job in THIS economy?" You know, (as Sugarland says) "poor me, why me, oh me boring the same old worn out blah, blah story." So I went to bed feeling hopeless and sad.
Tuesday morning I was due to go to Girls Camp. My alarm clock went off and I groaned, climbed out of bed as usual with a dismal heart and thought, "Ugh...I don't want to go to work". Then it dawned on me... I don't have work... I NEVER HAVE TO GO BACK TO THAT AWFUL PLACE EVER AGAIN! I felt as though a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I felt so light and happy and FREE! I know that sounds oober cheesy but it's true. I have HATED working there for so long...but I have just endured it and been MISERABLE! I went to Girls Camp (pictures to come) with such a happy feeling and had a MARVELOUS time! I felt the spirit, made new friends, and enjoyed the beautiful creations of our Heavenly Father. But more than anything, I felt total peace and calm from my Heavenly Father. I know He loves me so much. And even though things might be really hard for awhile, if I do my part, I know He will bless us. I have total Faith that everything will be alright.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Girl, I love your positive attitude and amazing faith. I don't have to tell you everything will be alright. You already know that. Just keep saying "I never have to go back to that awful place ever again!" :)

Glad you had a wonderful time at Girls Camp!

Love you guys!!

heather said...

It'll all work out.

Heather said...

POO!!!

Poo to the hardness is what I say! But I'm so glad it was followed by such a sweet experience as girls' camp. It always amazes me when I realize how much the Lord is really, truly watching out for us, and knows exactly what we need. You are right - even though it's hard right now, things will work out for the best. I hope you find a job soon. And please, I know there's probably not much I can do from hundreds of miles away, but feel free to call at any time if you think of something. Even if it's just a silly chat. Me wuvs yew!

Krissa said...

I am glad you feel relief now. But that sure was a crappy way for them to let you go ya know. There is definitely something better out there for ya. Love ya!

Megan said...

*hugs* I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were!

That's craziness about getting laid off, but I have faith in your abilities and charisma that you'll find something totally better. Good luck with everything, and I hope you had fun at girl's camp! (I'm just a bit jealous!)

Walters Family said...

Wow! What a 100th post! I mean others can say "oh this is my 100th post... had a great day" but your post was totally packed with events, emotions, hope and faith. Way to go, Girl! Keep the faith and the positive attitude as He will take care of you both. Love ya!

Amanda said...

dang. no matter how good your attitude it, it is never pleasant to lose a job. hang in there.