(Beware: This is a SUPER LONG post...if you don't have the time or the constitution to make it through, I suggest you just skim). So Thursday evening we drove to Pheonix and then flew to the beautiful San Francisco! We had such a fun time! (And it was already payed for :). Our first day there, our digital camera battery died...SO UNFORTUNATE, and we totally didn't bring the charger. So we bought a really cheap (really crappy) disposable. So you might notice a change in the quality of our pictures from the morning of day one, to the afternoon. It was awesome! Everywhere we went there was a trolly or cable car to take us there! We sat, stood, and hung on for dear life! It was so fun!
The tall building with the Flag on top is our Hotel.
A gorgeous building...We can't remember what it's called.Day One:
Fisherman's Wharf and Peir 39. We took the Blue and Gold Fleet Cruise around Alcatraz and The Golden Gate Bridge. Absolutely gorgeous! It was a cloudy day so it was kind of chilly but it was so beautiful.
Going Under...Then we went to the Aquarium of the Bay, where we saw... 
An Octopus,
HUGE star fish,
some beautiful jelly fish,
An Octopus,Then we hit up China Town. It seriously is it's own little community. Everyone speaks chinese, (some people ONLY speak chinese) and everything is written in Chinese.

So when we went to this little restaurant to try some dim sum (sp?) and the menu was in chinese and the lady only spoke broken english...it was quite an adventure.
Last but not least, we climbed Lombard street. The most crooked street in the world. And let me tell you it was tough! But the view at the top was worth it!
The Start of the Crooked Street...however, we started two streets down...so we climbed three really steep hills to get to the top.
They also had a Rain Forest Dome that had beautiful butterflies everywhere. One landed on this lady next to me so I snagged it to take a picture. They were so beautiful!
Then we headed to the Expoloratorium, which was SUPER fun and and lots of cool things to play with. Most of our pictures didn't turn out because it was dark. Here is one of us sitting in a really BIG chair.
And one of Randon playing in the colorful lights!
Next to the Exploratorium was the Palace of the Arts. A few big, beautiful buildings that we both fell in love with.
And one of Randon playing in the colorful lights!


Last for the day we headed to Ghirardeli Square for some chocolate! We were both exhausted by the time our trip was over, but neither one of us wanted to come home!






7 comments:
Oh my gosh...how fun! It looks like you guys had a great time. sounds super busy. Ha...that picture of the artist and Randon..that is funny. I want to see that picture he drew...
Did you like/see the sea lions???
I am glad you guys had fun!
Oooh! I'm so jealous you went to SF! Looks like you had a fab time!!
One of my favorite cities!! I love it there! It is so unique to me. It has it's own kind of feel. I wish I went with you guys!! PS.... Did you go looking for the Full House uh house? :)
Hey Callie! This is Mandi (Brady Jones' wife). We now have a blog and I was wanting to add you to our friends list. Feel free to add us if you want. Our address is bradymandijones.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh, how awesome! You really had an action packed weekend/Anniversary vacation! You really did a LOT of things. How fun!
How fun!!! I'm glad you guys got a fun vacation!
It's a beautiful city isn't is Howard?...I'd like to go there someday, would you recommend?
Post a Comment