Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Trip to Safford

So this weekend was a total blast! We drove over late Friday night (because I had graduation for CHS). Saturday I woke up at 7 for no apparent reason and couldn't go back to sleep...so I got up! After a little chat with my parents and some breakfast, I did my laundry, cleaned & vacuumed my car, and showered. Then when everyone else woke up and Dena, Jacob, and Brian came over we...

1. Made LOTS of apricot jam & fruit leather. The kitchen was a mess...it was fun to be together as a family. (Randon, Jacob, and Brian sat in the living room talking, I love that I snapped the picture while they were laughing.)









































2. Enjoyed the beautiful weather (a little rainy) & view.














3. Watched Bella dance around in a tutu and just be the most adorable little girl ever!














4. Our Friends Adam and Kristy Brisolara and their beautiful little girl Tanya came for a reception and stayed with us at my family's house. It was so fun to be with them. They are such amazing "feel good" people. We ate at La Casita (only the BEST mexican restaurant in the world!).














5. We stopped at Leticia Bishops Reception and I saw my dear Friend Heather Mattice.














After being friends for so long some things never change :)














6. Bella and Tanya became good friends. They had fun with Adam trying to catch a frog. Actually, Adam was trying to make the frog eat a bug...but it wouldn't. So he helped the little girls touch it.










































I love being HOME.

9 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Ah ... we forgot about that reception, darnit!!

And I'm jealous you got to eat at La Casita ... we LOVE that place!!

Kylee said...

Way fun! I'm jealous,I love road trips.

Heather said...

I looooved seeing you! Woot!

Walters Family said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like soooo much fun! When are we going to do the road trip to Safford with the hiking, etc. I am so ready for a road trip... no one has taken me up on that yet... Let me know! I would have LOVED to help (and learn) the makings of the jam and fruit leather. Oh man... I am trunky to get away!

Meg said...

That is super fun! How do you know Adam and Kristy? I knew them when they were on a dance team in Mesa before/during their engagement- I doubt they remember me though- I actually wasn't on the team, I just knew everyone that was!

lisa said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while......so many fun posts! I am so glad you got to go home! I love it too!!! And that was such a sweet thing to do for your neighbors!
Also, I want to see pictures of the fun dance you did! Did you video tape it or take pics? Maybe you can bring them when you come! Can't wait to see you!
Love you!

Amanda said...

click your heels three times and say..."there's no place..."

Meagan said...

I'm so jealous! I haven't been up there in way too long. Your parents' house is one of my favorite places to be. I have fond memories. And your mom has always been so welcoming to me when it was family time just for you guys! Haha! I'm glad I got to see you the other day. I'm sad we don't live closer.

The Jones Family said...

Sounds like such a fun time. The jam looks delicious. One of our families favorites. Cute updates on your blog.