So for anyone who doesn't know, I no longer just teach drama and choir....I also teach a few dance classes. I teach tap and lyrical. I have always LOVED to dance. Even when I was a little girl and I didn't have anything to do, I would make up a dance, put on a skirt and perform it for my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles...whoever would watch!- I know you have a hard time imagining a shy little thing like ME doing such a thing, but come on extend your imaginations for just a minute-. My mom has always noted that no matter what I'm doing or where I am, I'm always pointing my toes! Anyway, in my tap class we are doing this cute little vaudeville number to "American Boy" by Kanye West and Estelle. They are wearing the cutest little black and silver outfits, and they have top hats and canes! I love it! It's so much fun! More especially though, I love teaching lyrical. We are doing the most beautiful dance to the song "Breathe Me" by Sia. Our performance is next week but they know the dance backwards and forwards and could do it in their sleep. So today we put that song away and just turned on a new one. We made up the most SASSY jazz dance to the song "Le Disko" by The Shiny Toy Guns. It was so good, and the girls got it down so well that we decided to add it into next weeks show....very last minute! But my point is, I LOVE TO DANCE. I did crazy, hard core jazz today for like two and a half hours. I'm exhausted, my legs and especially my knees are killing me, and my whole body is achey and sore ....but I don't care! If it means I get to dance, I will take a little sore any day!
"To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful." ~Agnes De Mille

These little beauties are called Foot Undees! As in underwear for the foot! Are they not the most adorable things you have ever seen? They crack me up! When my co-worker first showed them to me, I laughed so hard because they actually look like uderwear when they are on! But I love them! They save the balls of my feet from getting blisstered and dry! They are super dirty because I wore them today for all that Jazz!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good. ~Edwin Denby
Posted by Callie at 10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my gosh, those are so dang cute! Yes, I can see you just singing and dancing your whole life, so full of energy and fun! Your students are lucky to have you, I bet you are a blast!
I have undies that actually look like that.... :)
You have amazingly clean and unblemished feet! How is that accomplished? And the Foot Undees are histarical.
LOL!!!! Before I read what they were called, I was totally thinking... those look like undies! hehe
Hey Callie... I made some invites for Christina's shower (I did 2 designs). I wanted to run them by you and see which one I should print. Could you email me? I don't have your email address. :) mturnidge (at) hotmail (dot) com
THANKS!
Post a Comment