Saturday, January 24, 2009

Las Vegas Visit!

During the long weekend a week ago, I got to go visit Lisa and John and the boys! It was so much fun. The plane ride over was.... an adventure, to say the least. The people I was sitting by were nuts! But it makes for fun stories to tell, right? But when I got to Vegas, Lisa and I got to go shopping in this beautiful outdoor mall. We ate the most delicious sandwich I have ever had, tried different smells and lotions at Bath and Body works, bought cute new jewelry and pants at H&M (my new favorite store that, of course, Arizona doesn't have), and ate the LARGEST dessert I have ever seen called, "I Declaire". When the waiter brought it out to us, Lisa and I both gasped. It was as big as a birthday cake! So I said in a fun southern accent (a little more loudly than I intended), "Well, I Declare!" We laughed so hard we couldn't breathe and Lisa was grunting (making the snooty women behind us glare). We had a blast! Then Saturday, after playing with the cutest little boys ever, we got to go to the temple. Oh my! It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! The Celestial Room was so breathtaking! Oh it was amazing. Then Lisa & John and Amy & Jared (Amy is John's sister) and I went out to dinner at Chiles. Then the boys went home to play the wii and us girls went shopping at Ross, where I purchased the $5 vest, and a new shirt with sparkly sleeves. The evening ended with...ICE CREAM of course. But not just any ice cream COLDSTONE! Oh and Lisa also cut my hair and added some fun highlights in my bangs. We just had such a good time. I love visiting the Ferrin Fam!

Eating at Chiles.













I love this picture of Lisa and I because we are laughing!

3 comments:

Krissa said...

Oh..looks like you had a fun time and I seriously love that vest....I thought your hair looked different...I really like it!!!!

lisa said...

Callie, I loved your rendition of our visit! I laughed all over again. The little girl Lanae who babysat went home and told her mom that " Sister Ferrin and her sister were acting just like the Young Women!" I laughed so hard!!!!! Now look at my blog!

Katie Williams said...

Oh I love you! And you definately have to tell me about this run in with my old roommate. You are the best!
I guess your cousin, Jesse, has been staying with your parents this week and I teach him and he had to do this assignment so your mom wrote a not explaining something and it made me so happy that I just wanted to write her back because I love your family and I don't think she knew I was his teacher. And that was an extremely long run on sentence...oh well. Haha. Love you guys!