Okay so I'm kind of backtracking here, but I realized I never posted anything about the fall musical my students did. We performed the Wizard of Oz. And just like any other year, they scared me up until the day we performed. I was so worried we wouldn't be able to pull it off, but in the end it was great! Opening night was fantastic! I don't think I have ever been more proud. The second night, however, was not so fantastic. The student who was supposed to play the wizard just didn't show up. He didn't call or let us know where we was or anything. And having such a small school, we didn't have enough people to have understudies. SO....when six-thirty rolled around (with the performance starting at seven) I started running over his lines with other students. I found a costume, smeared some old age make-up on my face and got ready to perform. It was awful! Not only was I still in charge of all the backstage stuff, but I also had to remember lines and perform! Oh dear, it was a mess. I did fine but...yikes. There was definitely a different feeling in the air that night... negativity for the student not showing, lack of energy, and a high level of stress! But I will say again that the first night was wonderful! Hooray for pulling it together!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
The Wizard of Oz!
Posted by Callie at 7:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like they did good. Bummer about the second night I know you did great! I wish I could have been there!
xo
I'm sorry I missed it. I heard it was great. Someday I'll get to come see a show you direct. Maybe when I'm not about to have a baby.
Post a Comment