A few weeks ago one of my students asked if she could do my bangs. Which normally is not a big deal, a lot of my students want to do my make-up and hair (I guess that tells you something about how much I care at work). But this specific girl does her make-up very thick, you know, drawn on eyebrows and really thick eyeliner that peaks out on the sides. She also does a REALLY thick line around her lips...with no chapstick and no other color, and doesn't blend. And HER bangs...well they are certainly unique. So now that I have painted this picture for you, when she first asked if she could do my bangs the initial response in my head was, "Yeah NO!" But I thought I would give her a chance. So after a LOT of hairspray and a big round curling iron...here's what I looked like.
The truth is...I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself. But because my student does her hair like that she thinks it's cute and didn't understand why I thought it was so funny. Flashback to the 90's anyone? Yikes!
Then on Tuesday this week, my mom came in to town to bring a suitcase for my Aunt Jayna who was in the hospital. I met her at Ross on her way back to Safford and we shopped for a while together. We had a blast. I love being with my mom. Anyway...on to the vest part. My whole life my mother has been wearing vests...not the new kind of vests that are cute...oh no! The kind that are knitted or colorful or beaded. Oh yes they were treasures. We have alwyas teased her about them. But recently vests have come back into style. So when I was at Ross with my sister Lisa the other day (more details on that trip to come) she told me I had to get one. I have been making fun of vests my WHOLE life, but I agreed to try one on...and to my great joy it fit nicely and was actually really cute. So I bought it for $5. That's right people $5. Soooo to make a long story even longer, I pulled up in the Ross parking lot to meet my mom and what is she wearing? Oh yes...one of her many treasury vests. And I laughed. And I told her that I had just bought a vest, and then described the difference, and we both laughed. So after she was all done trying stuff on in Ross she gave me her vest and told me to keep it for fun memories. So here are the pictures I took of the two vests. I love you mom!


7 comments:
That was so funny! You are soooo funny!!!! And can I say that you look freakin' cute in that vest! Good choice!!!! I love it on you!!!!!!!!!
And your hair looks so cute! Who cut it? Did you curl it? And...... poor mom. (BUt still funny:)
HAHA! Holy crow that is funny....flashback to coke can bangs...your a good sport for letting her do that...
And that vest is cute (your choice of course)...haha....and your hair looks SO SO cute...I love it!!!!
That cracks me up!! And yes, it was a little flashback with the bangs thing. :)
Seeing you in your mom's vest totally gave me flashbacks to all the times I've seen her wear a vest. I love your parents, they're great. And I really like YOUR vest. I had no idea that vests were making a comeback! Manda (Lines)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes I do LOVE the bangs. And mine did look like that in the 90's but maybe ratted just a little. Or a lot.... :)
Ummm, LOVE the vest. Way too cute.
Post a Comment