Saturday, May 31, 2008

Last Day of School

My last day of school was yesterday. At the end of the year they always have a big party to celebrate and there is food and water games and it's supposed to be lots of fun. So I'm driving to work in my t-shirt and shorts with my hair in pigtails ready for a day of fun, when I suddenly saw

FlAsHiNg LiGhTs
in my rear view mirror. It wasn't a normal cop car but a big undercover truck. Sigh. I pulled over into a shopping complex and rolled my window down waiting for the worst, all the while thinking; was I speeding? or driving crazy? So the man reaches my car but doesn't quite make it to my window, he kind of stands back a little so that I have to turn my whole body to see him.

Me: Hello.
Cop: Hello... so the reason I pulled you over today is because your license plate is coming up stolen.
Me: (Gasp) What?! That's impossible officer my husband has owned this car for four years.
Cop: Do you have your license and registration?
So I hand him my license and then start digging through the glove box for my registration. While digging through the papers the officer sees an old traffic violation. Why do I even keep it in there? After I hand him the registration...
Cop: I noticed you had some sort of traffic violation, may I see it?
I'm thinking, great he's gonna use that against me! I hand it to him.
Cop: Yeah the license plate number on this traffic violation matches the one on your registration, but it's not what's on your car.
Me: That is so strange. Someone must have switched the stolen one with ours.
Cop: Do you know how long ago this traffic violation was?
I look at the paper, where the date was CLEARLY written.
Me: A year ago.
Cop: Okay I'm gonna just go make sure this all checks out, we'll getcha outta here as soon as possible.
I'm thinking, SURE sure you will. Don't they all say that and then take their sweet time? While he was gone I called Randon in a tizzy. I told him the whole story and started crying. Amongst the sniffles and wails,
"Are they gonna arrest me? Am I going to jail?"
Randon just laughed and reassured me. When the officer came back he didn't keep his distance anymore, he must have realized by the pigtails that I wasn't a hardened criminal. He basically said that someone must have switched license plates with me. So he reported my license plate number stolen and took the other plate off my car. I had to go buy a new plate after work. No big deal but totally weird. And the worst part is, Randon and I have no idea how the long the plate was that way. Had it been different a month, three months, a day? The moral of the story is, check your license plate number every now and then.


FUNNY STORY
Okay sorry, that last one was pretty long, but I have a funny one from after I got to work. So everyone was having a water fight, but the teachers had the advantage because we had WATER GUNS!! Well, I had run inside with another teacher to fill mine up, because they run out of water in like 20 seconds. Anyway, he was standing behind me at the sink while I was filling mine up. The certain gun I had, had a little space, like a little bowl, where extra water gathered after filling it up. It usually just dripped off, but I decided I would flick my gun at him and splash his face. My plan backfired. As I went to flick my gun at him, he leaned forward to fill his up and I hit him right in the forehead! He had a BIG goose egg for the rest of the day. I felt soooo bad. Howevery, after checking to see if he was alright, I laughed until my sides ached. He went around telling people not to make me mad because I would hit them with my gun. IT WAS AWESOME!

4 comments:

Krissa said...

Oh my goodness....That is crazy and scary about your license plate...WOW...I have been accused of stealing my car too, however the police officer was just dumb and typed it in wrong...HaHa!
Funny water gun story...:)

Kelly said...

WOAH! Note to self: periodically check to make sure the license plate on my car is MINE!

Lisa said...

Kallie that is hilarious. i'm sorry you cried though. that part wasn't funny. I would be freaking out myself. I never check my license plate. I dont think i even know what it is. I should keep better track! Thanks for the reminder.

lisa said...

You are hilarious! I love hearing your stories!! I love you girl!