A few months ago one of my students started asking me questions about the gospel. As her teacher I could only answer her questions without promoting the gospel. It was hard. The day after she started asking me questions, she bought a Book of Mormon and started reading. By the time I saw her again she wanted an appointment with the Missionaries. After the second discussion they challenged her to be baptized and she accepted. She asked if Randon would baptize her and if I would speak, which we both did happily. It truly was an amazing experience. None of her family came, just a few ward members and the missionaries. But there she was in her white, with no support from family, yet totally willing and ready to commit to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so proud of her.
Sierra and Randon


5 comments:
Callie, you have always been such a great example of member missionary work. What a wonderful experience!
Cool about the baptism! About your husband knowing my cousin...Crazy! I remember she would come up with different people. I swear I saw your husband working out at MCC all the time. Did he go there? It had to be him!
That is awesome...You guys are great examples!
Callie you look beautiful!
That is a beautiful story. thanks for sharing it!! What a tough place to be in as a teacher though, especially for you because I know you wanted to just gush over the Gospel and how much you love it. Way to be an example, Callie!
WOW, what an amazing missionary experience. Callie, I can only imagine the struggle you had in the beginning with being a teacher and only able to talk very little about the gospel and inside your just wanting to scream out about the gospel! I love this story! Actually brought a tear to my eye. :)
Post a Comment