Saturday, February 16, 2008

CHS Viva Las Vegas, Winter Formal!

The Bellagio (where we kept all the food)
As a joke we put my employers Volvo Convertible as the Grand Prize.
The Dynamic Duo! Me and my friend Kelly.
Kerk dealing Craps.
Treasure Island (where the students could cash in and get prizes).
The Rain Bar
The Craps Table
The Roulette Table 
My friend Renee dealing Black Jack. (Please notice the cool suits painted on the walls behind her. Kelly and did that on all the white walls the day before. I think it looks really cool).
The Backdrop for the pictures. The art teacher actually painted this whole thing. Isn't that awesome! (The top of my head reached the top button on the Gator).

So one of the classes I co-teach at CHS is "Special Events" with my good friends Kerk and Kelly. We plan and do EVERYTHING for dances and other...well special events! There is an earlier post that shows the Halloween dance/ Spirit Week we planned and put together. But this surpasses that by far! We had a Viva Las Vegas Poker night for our winter formal. Now, I know that's not the best theme (you know, teaching them to gamble and stuff) but the students voted and picked it. And it actually turned out REALLY REALLY awesome! I was so proud.  We made the room like a mini strip. There was dancing, and food, and all types of poker. The students were given a certain amount of chips at the beginning of the night and then could cash them in (like at Chucky Cheese) for some pretty cool prizes. There was also a bar where they could get fun virgin drinks like Roy Rogers and Shirley Temples. We had a really good time!

5 comments:

Krissa said...

Haha....That is awesome...It looks really cool :) I like the rain bar that is neat...
Love ya!

Trevor, Brittany, and Addison Gardner said...

Cool idea! I want to go to your high school!

lisa said...

Callie,
that looks so fun and like alot of work. You can tell it's an alternative school...... all the gambeling and bar stuff. You are so creative!

Amanda said...

you're so cute. looks like fun!

Lisa said...

That looks like some fun. Never been there. Miss you. Looks like you are doing great!! It's been too long!