Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break

This last week was a whirlwind of activities....I hope I can remember and recap everything!
Friday the 11th we headed to Mesa for Amanda's shower that took place on Saturday! Krissa and Mom Walters did an amazing job on the shower! It was awesome! The theme was Mario and everything was decorated so cute!

The Diaper Cake. Mom Walters actually made the adorable Mario on Top! I love it!

Me and Amanda...I realize how large I look next to her.

That night we headed to Safford because Matt spoke in Church that Sunday the 13th. He did such a good job and I was a little misty I'm not going to lie. I can't believe my little brother is so grown up! Wow. We had lots of fun family time with some extended family that came. We also celebrated Bella's birthday Sunday night. My favorite new Bella-ism is that she tries to put together am and not like can and not. So she says, "No I amn't!" It cracks me up! Anyway, Matt was set apart Monday night and the blessing was so sweet. Here's some pictures we took at the setting apart.Monday night we had family home evening together and someone (I won't say who, but it wasn't me) thought it would be a good idea to sing "God be with you til we meet again" as the closing hymn. I was sitting next to Matt. Half the people dropped out during the first verse, when we got to the second verse where it says, "When life’s perils thick confound you, Put His arms unfailing round you", suddenly Matt stopped singing. I thought, just don't look at him and you can keep singing. But I couldn't resist. So I peeked over at him and there were big tears so I couldn't finish. By the third verse, the only people singing were Alan and Randon. Good for them. The rest of us couldn't do it. Matt's emotions have been very steady and checked for the last month or two so it was sweet so see him have a moment.

Tuesday we headed back to Mesa where we had a lovely going away dinner for Matt at the Favreau's. It was nice to visit with some more cousins. Wednesday morning we headed to the airport at 5:30 a.m. to drop off Elder Herrington. Lots of tears, let me tell you. Strangely enough, they weren't mine, I only misted as he walked away.

My Mom and Dad stood and watched clear until he got through security, at which point Matt turned around and put his fist in the air. So my parents did it back and my mom cried a lot. :)
I told my mom I was gonna name this one, "Letting go".

Later that day we got to go to the Temple and lunch with some dear friends of ours! I love Adam and Kristy Brisolara, they are the sweetest, most fun people! We love spending time with them!

The rest of the week was spent with the Walters clan. Randon got to see his old pal Jeremy from College. He also got to spend some one on one time with Tylon, which is awesome since Tylon will also be leaving very soon for the MTC. I got to have a girls night with Shay, Amanda, Krissa, and Mom. We ate Pizza, visited, and did paraffine wax. It was lots of fun! We also did some shopping later on in the week, but mostly it was very restful and relaxing. We also celebrated Tylon's birthday! Crazy that he will be leaving soon! Hope you all had a wonderful spring break! I know I needed mine!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

that last photo made ME cry. sheesh. so proud of Matt.

Anonymous said...

Ummmm... you were in Mesa for almost a whole week and didn't call me? I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Ooops! this is Jess not Rob... I guess his gmail account is logged in...

Anonymous said...

Marcus went to Milan. He loved it!

Katie Williams said...

Um...you forgot about me...

Meagan said...

You look WAY cute pregnant!