I had my five month check up a couple weeks ago. I have finally gained weight. From conception to 19 weeks I lost about 8lbs...but at this last appointment I had gained 5. Yay me. I'm growing a lot and the baby is moving like crazy! Randon actually got to feel her for the first time today! He's been trying for weeks but the movements have still been too soft for him! So today the baby was kicking super hard and I was like,"This is it. You have to be able to feel this!" So he put his hand on my tummy and he felt her move! It was really exciting! We are both starting to reach the "this is really real" phase. We both realize how different things will be with a baby and how things will change. It'll be weird because we are so accustomed to things the way they are (after nearly 5 years of marriage) but we're so excited she's coming! Yesterday, out of the blue, Randon said, "I've decided that reading parenting books is like learning what to do during a bear attack. Those things are nice to know... but most of it you're just going to make up on the spot anyway." I thought that was so funny! It will be an adventure becoming parents that's for sure, but I'm grateful that I get to do it with my best friend.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
hahahahaha.... a bear attack.... awesome!!!! haha... i have decided we need to make a notebook with Randon's awesome quotes... ill get started on that... it will be decorated in unicorns...of course...
I WANT TO SEE YOU....and feel her move!!!! coolest thing ever!!!!
That is sooooo awesome that Randon got to feel her move. It has to be "Yes, this IS really happening!" Did he ever read his men's guide to pregnancy "My Boys Can Swim" yet? I am so excited for both of you and the adventures of parenting... lifelong process.
Yay! That is so exciting! I'm glad you are finaly gaining weight and that her daddy can finaly feel her move!
Wise and true and funny words Randon. But...if you knew in advance that you have the advantage over bears if you run downhill, it could be helpful. I'm just sayin.
Hahaha bear attack! However, I would totally recommend reading the Baby Whisperer. We didn't discover her for reals until Oliver was 6 months old and boy we would have had an easier time if we had implemented her common sense (that just doesn't exist when you are in the midst of a bear attack) earlier. And then for toddlerhood, read Love and Logic. Currently reading and implementing, and again, I wish I would have read it earlier.
Something I realized AFTER having a baby for a month or so is that you don't have to do exactly what the parenting books say! "They're more guidlines than actual rules" is seriously what popped into my head when I had this epiphany. YOU are the parents and YOU decide what's best for you and your baby. Honestly, whatever makes your baby happy is the best way to do it! I'm so excited for you guys! It's the best thing ever!
Post a Comment