Last week was so crazy at the Herrington House. My mom got sick and went to the Hospital, the cows got out twice, the horse got in with the cows, Matt and Lela had basketball games, I had a job interview, I had to sing at the sacrament meeting for the Nursing Home, Randon and I had to speak in church, and it was my turn to prepare the Sunday school lesson...I was a little overwhelmed.
Here are a couple of videos I took of us trying to round up the cows for the SECOND time in two days. The first time my dad and Brian rounded them up, I was taking my mom to the ER.
I had to stop video taping because they started running in my direction. SCARY!
I told Randon and Brian separately to pose like a cowboy for me...this is what I got from each of them. Funny boys.
So here's what went down with my mom. Tuesday night and Wednesday she was feeling sick to her stomach, had some cramping, and couldn't keep anything down. We thought it was just a bad case of food poisoning from Jumbo's. Thursday morning she had some more severe pain and other kind of scary symptoms so I took her to the Emergency Room. They took a CT scan and saw that she had blockage in her bowel. They went in for surgery that very day around 4pm. What it turned out to be was something called Meckel's Diverticulum. In my super simplest lamens terms it means that some umbilical fragments from her birth, attached to her large intestines instead of being absorbed by her body (like most peoples). Sometime in the last 50 years it has grown and wrapped around her intestines causing blockage. So they removed about 10 inches of her intestines and a tumor the size of a small potato. We got the results back today from pathology the tumor was benign. Thank Heavens! She is doing well. The Doctors say she is a model patient. She had her first bites of solid food Sunday and is walking a little every day! She got to come home this morning and we are so happy to have her here!
Our talks went really well. My lesson....not so much. And to top off the fact that I wasn't as well prepared as I would have liked to be, the Stake President came for a little visit to my class! Great! Luckily I know him really well and he was very sweet and didn't have me released! :)
Matt and Lela both played well in their games against Thatcher. Lela's team lost. Matt's team won. And it was intense! I have never screamed so much at a basketball game in my life! CRAZY!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Goings On
Posted by Callie at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
HOLY CRAP! That is quite the week. I hope you are feeling much better this week.
And holy ridiculous with your mom! That is seriously so nuts. I am so glad to hear that the tumor is benign and she is doing so much better. Your mom is such a beautiful person.
I am so glad that your mom is ok. scary. And what a crazy week!
And also I am jealous of your last post that you got to play on Mount Graham. Looks like SO much fun! I miss it. I am glad that you guys are in "Neverland" and that things seems to be working out well with that decision!
And PS I love the "neverland" title, except I of course will use it to refer to thatcher instead of safford :)
i hope your mom feels better!! what a crazy week!!! when did you move to safford? i thought you were in tucson. love ya!!
Post a Comment