Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's a little recap of what we did for Thanksgiving! (It was a really busy weekend). Wednesday we drove to Mesa to stay with Randon's family. Mom, Krissa, Amanda and I went DRESS SHOPPING for Amanda and Jadon's wedding (that has now moved up several months). We all picked a bunch of dresses and then went to the dressing room. She fell in love with the first one she tried on and it was SO BEAUTIFUL on her! (I picked it out...just had to throw that in). She tried a bunch more on, but the first one was IT! We had lots of fun. Then Krissa and I went to see New Moon. Better than Twilight, but still the girl is a TERRIBLE actress.

Thursday we went a Stake Center to have Thanksgiving with the whole Walters extended family. It was super fun. Randon and I have been married for three and a half years and I was still meeting some of his family members at this gathering. Anyway, after we ate, we played volleyball! For like two and a half hours. It was SOOOO much fun (even if my calves, shoulders, and arms paid for it the next day!). That night the girls made cards while the boys played Mario on the Wii. They are hilarious to listen to and watch! Shaylee, Krissa, Mom, Callie, AmandaJadon picked Mom up in the Kitchen, just had to get a picture!I love this picture, Shay and I were just taking a snapshot and Zach came behind us brushing his teeth. Doesn't Shay have the most gorgeous eyes EVER?
Friday we basically slept the day away and relaxed. But that evening we went to a bonfire with the Walters family. This included hot cocoa, marshmallows, and visiting, it was lovely.

Saturday Randon headed back to Tucson with Alex to study...oh the life of a student. And I headed to Safford for a Bridal Shower. I helped my family get their house ready for Christmas, which is one of my favorite holiday traditions, and we had lots of fun visiting and decorating. Then I headed to Heather Mattice's Bridal Shower, and it was so much fun! A lot of my friends from high school/college were there and we had so much fun visiting and laughing! I love Heather, she and I got some one on one moments and I realize I miss her!

Sunday Brian, Leslie and Matt all gave talks in church. And I sang in the choir (for my mother because she is the director). Matt spoke for two minutes, Leslie spoke for three, which left Brian with thirty! But he did it, and they all gave awesome talks! I drove home that day, and then Cara and Alan and their little family came to spend the night on their way home from a trip. I realized that my house is SO NOT BABY PROOF. One little highlight of their visit was something funny Charlotte said.

Charlotte: Did you know Jesus was crucified?

Randon: Really?

Charlotte: Yeah when the Pirates came!

Hmmm, I guess I don't remember that part...
It was so cute! Then she came over and told me. Randon and I both giggled.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you made the effort to come! It was great seeing you.