Mom Walters came for a visit this past week and it was wonderful! It's so nice to have a friend to visit with during the day. She was so helpful with dishes, and snuggly with Kenlee. We just LOVED having her here! While she was here, there was a fall/craft festival at the lighthouse just down the road from our house. We checked out little vendors, and got to actually go inside the lighthouse.


Inside the Lighthouse.
The Newel K. Whitney Store.The Revelation Room (In the upstairs of the store). There was a Missionary Couple giving us the tour, and another Missionary Couple on the tour learning how to give it, because they would be doing it soon. After his shpill about the room the Man said, "You want to touch that table don't you?" It was the original table where Joseph Smith had received revelation, translated the book of mormon, and seen visions. So I touched it. Randon told me later that his wife whispered to the other sister that they weren't actually supposed to let people touch it. I thought that was sort of funny. :)
Also up there is the School of the Prophets. I didn't get a picture, but we got to sit in there and read powerful testimonies of people who had seen God the Father there. It was a really neat experience.The Ashery. (The sawmill was next to it but I didn't get a picture because my battery died).
The Temple. This was difficult for Mom and I. We had just come from a really neat place where we had felt the spirit and learned about what enormous sacrifices these people made, especially for the Temple. But it just didn't feel the same. I didn't feel the spirit here, it made me feel so sad. But it was a beautiful building that these saints with no prior experience had built because it was SO important to them.
Another day, while she was here, we went to the beach. We took lunch and chairs and just enjoyed the gorgeous weather. I stuck my feet in for about three seconds and then went back to my chair, but she enjoyed the water for awhile.

Also, since Randon has this thing for unicorns. She made us all Unicorn hats. Pretty AWESOME! Kenlee looks absolutely adorable in hers! Love it!



5 comments:
hahahaha.... i love it... love all the pictures and it just makes me uber excited for my visit...
umm.... a "thing" for unicorns... i think it may be a little more than that... haha... i want one of those hats!
um jealous of your kirtland trip and a little jealous of those hats too.
lol! I love the hats!
And I LOVE Kirtland! I seriously think it was my favorite stop on our church history tour.
HAHAHAHAHA, oh my word, those hats are aaaaawesome.
It was an awesome visit! I had a wonderful time. The trees there were beautiful in all their colors of yellow, orange and red. I discovered Fall DOES exist! Kirtland was wonderful. I felt the spirit so strong as it testified to the things that were said. It was a Holy place. I was so sad to know that the Kirtland Temple was owned by others. I hope we own it some day. The saints sacrificed SO much for it and for the gospel that we have today. I loved going to Randon's work place and seeing what he does. I really enjoyed meeting Callie's friends and shopping. I loved, Loved, LOVED holding and loving on Kenlee. She is a beautiful and spirited little girl. I totally loved my visit and look forward to visiting again. Thank you so much for the wonderful time. By the way... that is one Awesome looking Unicorn Family!!!
Post a Comment