Monday, September 26, 2011

Detroit!

We went to Detroit this weekend to visit Rachel and Allen and to go to the Temple. It was a lovely, though very short visit. I had to be back to sing at a RS thing. We weren't even gone from home 24 hours. But we had a marvelous time. Rachel and Allen are gracious, kind, generous hosts and we felt most welcome and at home there. After an amazing Italian dinner, Rachel and I made some frosting for this bad boy...So rich...so delicious...In case you don't know, my cousin Rachel is a bit of a chocoholic. This sign sits in her kitchen.Isn't she a doll?Saturday Randon and I headed to the Temple.
Since Kenlee still won't take a bottle we can't stay away for very long. So we did some initiatory's and headed back. But not before taking some silly pictures, of course.


We plan on going to Detroit at least once a month for a visit and a Temple Trip. We hope the next one is a little longer so we can see some of Detroit and do other fun things. I love having someone close by! :)


2 comments:

Krissa said...

you two are too cute!!!
how fun to have them so close and that cake looks absolutely amazing!!! yummm!!!!

Rachel Marie said...

Holler! We can't wait for you to come again!!! We will eat more chocolate. :)