We were packed up on Monday the 11th (by the worst packers/movers in the whole world), cleaned Tuesday the 12th (thank you Cedar Hill ward Ladies for coming to help!), and flew to Louisville, Kentucky Wednesday the 13th (after some last minute goodbyes to the Walters and thanks to Tawny for driving us to Mesa). Kenlee was the perfect baby on the flight. She ate during take-off, slept the entire time, and ate during landing. A woman behind us said, "I didn't hear one peep the whole flight!" I know, I have a dream child, and she's pretty to boot! :)
The movers came Saturday morning and all of our stuff was in my noon. It was funny trying to get unpacked between Lisa and I, her two rambunctious boys, and our two babies! We sort of did things in shifts. But I was so glad to have them here so I didn't feel sad and lonely. But we got quite a bit done Saturday and Monday.We went to our ward on Sunday and everyone was very friendly! I'm excited to get to know more people and dive right into play groups and activities. Rachel and Allen stopped by Sunday night on their way to Detroit (which is where they will be moving soon). It was lovely to see them and visit. We are thrilled they will be only two hours away!
Randon started work Monday. Lisa and her boys left today. And here I sit blogging while my pretty one is asleep in her swing. Dena had her baby the day before we flew here.I'm not going to lie, I miss home. I have never really handled change well. But hopefully I can make new friends quickly and find fun things to do so my mind will be more occupied.
I will post pictures of my house when it is completely put together!
On the Plane



7 comments:
Oh my goodness! What a crazy couple of days for you guys! I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you before you left. I had so many things going on that day and by the time the evening hit, I had just run out of time and then didn't even think about it. I'm so sorry! I'm glad Lisa was there to welcome you to your new house! I can' wait to see pictures of it. We all love and miss you guys!
oh i miss you guys... and i have been thinking of you lots and meaning to get in touch!!!!
so glad your stuff got there and everything is put together...
I am excited for you guys... its a fun change...neat experience for sure.... I cant wait to see you guys...
LOVE YOU TONS!!!
and give that little princes bunches of kisses from me!!!
Oh my gosh... I am teary eyed as I type this... it is kind of settling in that you aren't just in Flagstaff. I will go to a happy place and stay in denial as long as possible!! I am so excited to see your house all put together. I am SOOO excited about Dena and her little guy! Congrats to them. I want to find out how all is going but wanted to wait till all the dust settled and you guys caught your breath. So anxious for out skypes on Sunday.. Kenlee is suppose to remind you about that. I miss seeing her so much! I love you guys so much... ok.. denial... denial... stay in denial!! Give that Princess kisses and hugs from Grandma! She is my favorite Granddaughter, you know!
Glad that everything went pretty well with the move. And the beach a few minutes from your house? Awesome! I'm also glad the ward has been friendly and I think it's smart to jump right into play dates and the like; moving can be tough, but you certainly seem to have the right idea about how to do it. :)
make new friends, but keep the old...
Callie, we live so close to each other! I didn't realize that you were moving and Lisa was going to be helping you too.
A good friend of ours just moved there a month ago too. I bet they are in your ward. Leah and Rick Tobey. She has beautiful long red hair and 4 boys. She will be your friend in a heartbeat...she's the sweetest person ever!
Congrats on your new baby...I love the name, and she is precious!
Mija she is getting so big! I am in love with those cheeks! I can't believe how fast they change. It makes me a little sad that Ammon isn't going to stay my tiny newborn. :( I was glad to talk to you yesterday and so glad things are looking up. Love you!
Post a Comment