Wow, I get so behind sometimes.
April 4th-12th- Randon and I babysat for a family while their parents went to Hawaii for their 20th Anniversary. They had five kiddos. Twin 12 year olds (a boy and a girl) Grae and Barbara, a 10 year old boy Cal, and twin 6 year olds (a boy and a girl) Van and Laurel. It was a crazy 8 days playing mom and dad but they were good kids and we had fun. The second day we were there, Grae got hit in the face with Van's head and had a goose-egg/shiner for the rest of the week. Poor kid. The last day we were there a pipe burst in the girls bathroom and started flooding their floor. It was 9:30 at night and we thought everyone was safely tucked away in bed, until we hear the girls screaming down the hall as they ran to get us. It was a little frightening. Randon thought there was a fire or something. Anway, it was an adventure, but it was nice to be home again.
April 9th-11th- That same weekend, my Dad's half sister Susan and here two daughters Liz and Katie came for a visit. We've never met them before so it was fun to meet and visit and play.

April 17th- Leslie and Brian went through the Temple and were sealed with Bella forever! (All of that info is in a previous post).
April 20th- We had a shower for Leslie here. It was CrAzY! The house was so full of loud, chatty women! It was a blast!

April 23rd- My family got to go through the Gila Valley Temple. It was so AMAZING! The chandelier in the Celestial Room is like nothing I have ever seen before, the only way I know how to describe all 8000 crystals and 850 pounds of it's beauty is...breathtaking! There were several original paintings that made me stop and tear. It's just such a special Temple.
For the record I got these pictures from my cousin Leah Davis' blog. I haven't had the chance to take any of my own. She's an amazing photographer, check her out at www.leahdavisphotography.com

April 27th- Sweet, adorable, Samuel Bohot was born. (Also in a previous post).


May 5th- Randon and I got to be Ushers at the Temple. We got to stand outside the Celestial Room doors and let tour groups in and out in a timely way. It was so fun to be in that spot because we got to the see the reactions when people walked in and looked up. The wide-eyed stares, the whispered "oh my gosh" and "wow" and (my personal favorite) a little boy whisper "holy crap!". May favorite part, though, was during a lull in our tour groups. I saw that no one was coming so I slipped through the door of the Celestial Room. I was completely alone in that most sacred of sacred places. I looked around at detail I had not noticed before, I sat listening to peaceful silence. It was one of the neatest experiences of my life. I thought, how many people can say they have ever been alone in the Celestial Room? This will probably never happen for me again. I was very grateful for the opportunity to sit and reflect in that beautiful place all by myself.
May 7th- Mom (Walters) and Krissa came down to see the Temple and we went to dinner. It was so fun to have them visit! After dinner we watched the end of the Sun's game with my parents and I almost choked to death on a runt.
Well if you lasted clear til the end, good for you! That just about catches me up. Thanks for reading my ramblings.


2 comments:
Wow! You have had a lot happening! It was a blast to have you here to support Tylon with his volleyball. I realized how much of a sacrifice it was when Krissa and I traveled there to see the Temple and you... that is a really long trip! Thank you so much for all your love and support. We really appreciate it and I know Tylon appreciated you being there for him too! Love you guys!!
I love your life. So .... full! Full of everything good. I can't wait to come see the temple! PS. I love seeing pictures of your Dad. One of my favorite people on the face of the earth. Love.
Post a Comment