Dena and Jacob and Randon and I went to California this last week for a little vacation and adventure! We left at like 6:30 in the morning on Monday. Jacob drove the whole way which was really nice! So here's the vaca...
Randon and I took pictures like this to make fun of people who take pictures like this...you know, pokey lips and a peace sign. Silly.

Randon and I took pictures like this to make fun of people who take pictures like this...you know, pokey lips and a peace sign. Silly.
Day One: We drove half the day, checked into our Hotel, and went to Seaport Village. It was super pretty and had lots of cool shops and things. We bought matching San Diego shirts (totally touristy right?).







This man could stacks rocks like crazy! He had a tip jar and said, "Pay me for my hard work".
This pictures cracks me up, Dena was trying to scare the pigeon, so she was stomping across the bridge!




Then we went Gaslamp quarter, which was basically just an extension of Seaport Village. Just more shops and a cool downtown area.

We found a Ghirardelli Chocolate shop and bought some Candy Bars. I saw this Theatre that was playing Pump Boys and Dinettes, which is a show I was in my second year at EAC! So near and dear to my heart I had to take a picture!
It was so beautiful! I love the beach! We didn't swim, just walked around picking up shells and enj0ying the beauty! Afterwards we ate at this great little seafood place on the water called Anthony's Fish Grotto. It was SO good. We sat by the window overlooking the ocean (even though you can't really tell in this picture).
Jacob order shark and we all tasted it. It has a fishy texture but tasted like chicken to me. I also tasted my first lobster tail, that Randon ordered. Eh, it was okay.
Then we headed over to La Jolla Cove. The sunset was so beautiful. There were these really cool caves that we went through to stand near the ocean. It was really fun.


Day 3: We headed to Little Italy. (This is us wearing the matching shirts! HA HA!)

This is a pretty painting we saw on one of the walls in Little Italy. While there, we got some cool art supplies at a little place called Blicks. We saw this great photography shop run by the cutest old lady. Then we ate at this great place called Buon Appetito. Delicious Italian food!
Afterwards, we headed to the beach for some serious boogy boarding!
After a few tries on the board, Randon was done and he and Dena sat in the sand while Jacob and I played in the water.

Dena went to get something from the car and locked the keys in the trunk, poor thing. She had to call a locksmith. After we had been there about three hours, Jacob shouts to me over the waves, "I think I cut my foot on something!" I'm like, "Maybe you stepped on a rock or a shell!" He's like, "I don't know but it really hurts!" So we start walking to shore and I'm trying to shout to Dena what's going on. Just then a lifeguard drives by in his Jeep so I wave him down. I asked if he had a first aid kit because my brother got cut by something. He asks to see it so Jacob shows him (and by now it's SUPER bloody) and he's like, "Oh yeah, that's a sting ray sting."

Bummer! So they took him in the jeep over to their station and had him soak his foot in super hot water for about an hour to draw out the venom. When we got back to the hotel we all sat in the jacuzzi so he could have some more time in the hot water. We were all so tired after that, that we stayed in the hotel and watched Overboard.The day we left, we did have one little mishap, Randon ran into a pillar in the parking garage at the hotel. Not too much damage, however.
It was a really fun trip! On the way home Dena said (quoting Hook), "That was a great game."



3 comments:
once again...JEALOUS!!!
haha....looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!!! Minus the sting ray!
i think your gangster peace sign pictures are hilarious and i think they should be your FB profile pics...haha...
Meet the Pump Boys...meet the Dinettes! Ah, that made my heart sing!
I love the picture of Randon and Jacob with the statue. It looks like Randon is smelling his armpit.
super fun. love the matching shirts.
Post a Comment