So I have this problem with people who say common words incorrectly. For example:
Expecially..................................................................Especially
Supposubly...............................................................Supposedly
Fustrated...................................................................Frustrated
Axed..........................................................................Asked
Nucular......................................................................Nuclear
These are all REALLY annoying to me because I have found that ADULTS say them as well as kids. They all drive me CrAzY! However, I heard one today that really made me cringe...
SimUlarity................................................................Similarity
Come on People! Are you kidding me?!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Rantings and Ravings....
Posted by Callie at 12:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I hear ya! And can I add one that drives me nuts that almost everyone says incorrectly? In fact, I'm now so used to it being mispronounced, that I'm stunned when someone actually pronounces it correctly?
Incorrect: MischievIOUS (veeyus)
Correct: MischieVOUS (vuss)
But I think that one has become so widespreadly mispronounced that the incorrect is now considered acceptable. I hate it when they do that.
another one....when they say
Pacific - Specific
I hear that one A LOT!!!
Oh,Oh,Oh,my favorite one from the Safford area. Them things, them guys.....AHHHH! Hate it. THOSE! THOSE!
Another one:
FOILage vs Foliage
I got another one for you... ok, sometimes I find myself not quite saying it correctly. I think it is a hard one... ready?
inneresting..... interesting
This one drives my Mom crazy!
This one isnt' quite like the ones you're talking about but it really pushed the wrong button on me this week! When people call movies "shows." Like "Oh, this show is so good." It's not a show, it's a movie. If it were a television SHOW then it would be a show. But it's not. It's a movie. Axed is one that really bothers me though. Also, this lady I talked to on the phone this week instead of saying "quadrant" she said "quadrulent". What?? Really? It makes me wonder sometimes what people were REALLY doing during GRADE SCHOOL.
Don't pay to close of attention next time you talk to my husband.
Post a Comment