So last weekend I went to Flagstaff to visit Cara and Alan and take their family pictures (and to visit of course!) I just haven't gotten around to blogging about it. So here's what went down. On my way to Flag I stopped in Mesa to take Josh and Jennalee Miles Family pictures. It was fun to see them and thanks to my cousin Leah, we found a great little brick building on Maine that was PERFECT! It was rough for their little girl, though. She seemed to be a little cranky and didn't want to smile, but OH MY GOSH she is one of the most adorable red headed little girls I have EVER seen! So here are some of my favorites of their shoot.





Then on my way there was a horrible oil spill or something so I waited for about half an hour, stopped behind a long line of vehicles. I really had to go to the bathroom (and if any of you know me...I can't hold it for very long). So I get going again (FINALLY) and I'm like 32 miles away or something so I'm thinking I'll just hold it and just get there! But my gas light comes on. GrEaT. So I pull over at the closest gas station, I get out of my car and it's FREEZING! Which really helps if you have to go the bathroom. By this time I'm thinking I better not wait, I'll just run in and use the bathroom...but the door in locked! NOOOOO! There's a lady inside and I'm like pounding on the door. She comes to the door and says, "Sorry we're closed." (No, really? I suppose I didn't guess that from the locked door). I'm like, "Oh please! I'm seriously about to wet my pants!" as I say this I'm standing in the tight legged, bouncing position. She's kind of annoyed but she lets me in. On my way out she says, "For future reference, there's a 24 hour gas station right over there." Well thank you very much. The next time I'm stranded in this exact place with no gas, I'll remember that. Sheesh!
Anyway I finally got there and Cara and Alan and I visited for a while. It was really fun to chat with them! The next day we did make-up, played at the park, watched "the alligator movie" (as Charlotte and Nathan called it), took naps, and then were off to take family pictures. Here are some of my favorites of their shoot. And as it seems to be tradition, one of their children had a hard time and didn't want to smile but we got a few good ones!


On my way home from Flagstaff Saturday afternoon I got a flat tire. It was in a terrible place too because the road kind of slanted down a little hill so I couldn't pull off very far. And let's be honest, I HAVE NEVER HAD TO CHANGE A TIRE IN MY LIFE! I've always had my dad or husband there to do it. So I call Randon, who doesn't answer, but I know he is with his sister Krissa so I call her phone. She answers and I'm all calm and collected like, yeah I got a flat tire no biggie. But as soon as Randon get's on the phone I BURST into tears and I'm like, "I got a flat tire! What do I do? I'm scared! I can't do this by myself!" What is it about him that makes me do that? So he's trying to calm me down and walk me through step by step and I'm laying on the ground trying to figure out where to put the jack... are you kidding me? Luckily for me, a very kind Truck Driver stops to help me. Which was not easy for him, he was in a big ol' semi! But thank heavens he did. He changed my tire and got me going, with some advice not to go fast. So I call my father in law and he get's me the name of a tire place in Camp Verde. I get there, get a new tire and get on my way thinking that life is looking up. Then I hit CoNsTrUcTiOn...not joking people, I went 5miles an hour, Brake, 5miles an hour, Break, 5miles and hour, Brake....FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF! Are you kidding me?! I left Flagstaff and 12:30 which should have put me to Mesa by 2:30 or 3:00. I didn't get there until 5!!! Ugh! However, I had a really good time with Krissa and Mom hanging out and visiting. I'm just glad I got back in one piece!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Flagstaff Visit and Stuff
Posted by Callie at 7:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Ok, now that is a pretty crappy weekend. At least you have some good pictures to show for it!
And for the record, if I'd been there when you were going to wet your pants, you totally could have and I would've claimed that the smell is from me peeing my pants. After all, I owe you. :)
I love the pictures! They are awesome! We are so glad you made it here safely too. Randon trying to explain how to change the tire was right in the middle of him buying a suit with the guy talking to him and doing measuring, etc. It was crazy! So thankful for that truck driver guy!
What a crazy, fun trip! I LOVE the pictures! YOu really are good!
Oh my maybe I am glad I couldn't go! Just kidding it would have been so fun! I love the pics! And also love the next post about the pet peeve words, you know I feel the same way! Love you!
We loved your visit and the edits you did on those pics look super. Please come again. The kids miss you already.
Post a Comment