Friday, August 15, 2008

First Week of School is FINALLY Over!

Okay so this week was my first week of school. Holy Cow it was long! I was so exhausted by the end of every day that I would fall asleep on the couch at like 9:00 while watching the Olympics. But it has definitely been interesting. I have a lot of new students and a lot of old students, but they have all taught me some new slang I thought I would share...

  1. Thas Gangsta! (As in, That's Gangster) Definition: That's cool
  2. Yadig? (As in, You Dig?) Definition: Do you get/ understand me?
  3. Yahmmy? (Pronounced, Yah-Me) Definition: Do you get/ understand me?
  4. Sick! Definition: Totally Awesome or Cool... Example: Dude that movie was sick!
  5. Sup Foo? (As in: What's up Fool?) Definition: What going on man?
  6. Grip. Definition: A lot
  7. Dang dems a grip a foo's! Definition: Wow that's a lot of people!
  8. Ah been toe-ju! (As in, I've been told you) Definition: I told you so.
One of my students in particular is pretty funny with his slang talk. When he said, "Ah been toe-ju!" I said, "Dude what does that mean?" and he replied, "It means I told you so." I said (laughing), "Then why don't you just say I told you so?" His answer was something along the lines of ,"Cuz it who I am foo!" I can't exaclty remember... it wasn't in plain english.

4 comments:

Dena said...

Are you serious? That is insane! I can't believe those kids are serious! That's good times Cal. i am glad you survived!

Alyse Clonts said...

That was a long week wasn't it! Those quotes are pretty funny!

Cara said...

I expect a full ganster conversation from you next time I see you. Yahmmy?

THE BESSE BUNCH said...

HEY CAL HOW ARE YOU? SO FUN TO SEE YOU ARE DOING GOOD!! LOVE YA GIRL!!