Friday, July 11, 2008

I just wanted to confirm your suspicions about me. I AM a nerd. It's realizations like this that come to you at 5:30 am when you are waiting in line at at a store that doesn't open until 8am while standing next to a guy that is way too passionate about his hobby with metal detectors. And something feels a little Walmart pep-rally corny when the store opens and there is cheering and clapping and flashes from cameras going off. No this is not the grand opening of a new store. But it was the grand opening of the new iPhone 3G. Yes I am the proud owner of a new iPhone after waiting 4 weeks after I sold my old phone on eBay to pay for the new one. I will have to say that all in all the experience was fun. I made 4 new friends, got a free breakfast sandwhich, free Chick-fil-A, and free drinks. But I don't think I will be doing anything like that again anytime soon.

2 comments:

Krissa said...

HaHa!!!! Yay, I am happy for your new purchase...i wish I could have been there too :(

Walters Family said...

Wow, that is funny!!! I saw the lines on TV but didn't realize you were one in line. Glad you have a phone now!