Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rough Day (sigh)



Okay so maybe it's that I'm PMSing, maybe it's that my job is really frustrating, maybe it's that I'm getting the 'Ready for Summer Blues'....or maybe today was just a rough day (sigh). My drama kids are supposed to put on a play next Tuesday...but they're not anywhere near ready and I'm getting sooooo frustrated about it. I keep telling myself, "Stay calm, for most of these kids it's their first time acting at all, let alone in a full production." But it's so hard for me that even after FOUR months of rehearsal after rehearsal...some kids still aren't memorized. So now I'm getting tough on them! And I feel a little bad about it, but then I think, "If I don't get tough, then nothing will get done!" Right? Uuuuughhh! It's not that I'm a perfectionist, or OCD, but come on? My friend at school calls me a "Rules Girl". Things need to get in this amount of time or I'm gonna bring out Miss Tough Guy! I think the worst part of it is, I've been working my rear end off! And my kids come to rehearsal and piddle around and then act like they don't care and it's no big deal that they don't know their cues or lines! If I were in a show and I knew I had less than a week, and my lines weren't memorized, I'd been freaking out! Why don't they care? Okay so really I just needed to vent. I know....well....I hope that they will be able to pull it together and that it goes great and I'm proved wrong. But until then, it's stomach aches and restless leg for me!

4 comments:

Walters Family said...

That has got to be stressful AND the fact that it is coming at PMS time is NOT good timing! This all kind of reminds me of motherhood. You are getting good practice in!
I wish I had some great advice other than "Keep breathing"... self talking kind of helps too... this too will end?... Hopefully they will all pull through and you will be so proud of them and want to kick yourself for ever doubting them. "Just keep breathing, just keep breathing!!"

Amanda said...

remind them that if the play stinks, then it's their won fault and they are the ones who will look bad...

Trevor, Brittany, and Addison Gardner said...

Hang in there! It's going to be ok! Deep, cleansing breaths... It's tough when others don't take seriously the things that are important to you, I know. But hey, maybe if the kids don't learn their lines, the play will turn into an improv and everyone will think you planned it! Go Callie!

Kelly said...

I'm sorry for your cruddy day... but your new blog header is super cute. Ü