
This is a story from way back in November (4th-7th if you want specifics)... it just took me a while to post it!
So Friday night just before I went to bed, I felt a small lump in my left cheek. I thought it was weird because it actually hurt a little but I figured I would just go to bed and maybe it would go away. NO! Saturday morning when I woke up it was bigger and harder. So I went to Urgent Care to find out what the deal was and the Dr. said he thought it was a bacterial infection in my face. So he gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and told me to come back in 48 hours to make sure the medication was working. 48 hours later, this is what my face looked like. Hmmmmmm....I don't think it's better. And I woke up with strep throat. So I went back in and it was a different Dr. (of course). She came in, looked at me, and said, "Has it improved at all?" I'm thinking, "Come on! You didn't even feel it or examine it! You aren't even the same Dr. for crying out loud!" But what came out was, "Uh...no. It's actually considerably worse." So they gave me a shot of Rocephin (which by the way stings worse than a bee, feels like peanut butter being forced into the upper, tender part of your gluteus maximus, and it hurts to sit down for a week), sent me off to the pharmacy for a new antibiotic, and told me to come back in 24 hours, because if it wasn't better by then they would have to send me to the ER to open up my face! I had a breakdown in the Walmart Pharmacy. I was so sick, I looked like Quasimodo, I thought my face might have to be cut open, and Randon was at school. I just felt like such a pathetic little being... so I broke down crying. 24 hours later, my face looked much better, and my mother-in-law came to spend the day with me and keep me company. Long story short they think it was a strep infection in my face. So weird, how often does that happen?
2 comments:
Something similar happened to me in high school, but it was scarlet fever... little different. I'm so glad it went away. I would have flipped my LID!
Man your description of that shot sounds horrible....That is not fun... :( Good thing its over...
<3 ya!
Post a Comment