Tuesday, May 29, 2012

One Year Old!

Kenlee turned a year old Friday the 25th. I know people say this all the time, but seriously, I don't know how it happened so fast.

2 days old

1 week old

She is the most beautiful girl, sweet, adorable, and a big ball of delicious-ness!
She is 23 lbs 4oz, 30 3/4 in long, and her HC is 47 1/2 cm.
She is really fast now, she sort of jogs almost. She loves to dance, bounce, and especially spin. It is so cute! She also really loves to be outside.

And her new favorite things are balls and bubbles. She has even recently started saying Bu-bo (bubble), and ba! (ball).

I just bought a princess trunk full of princess dress ups and crowns and shoes at a yard sale. She has gotten into a few times and will bring me random pieces of clothing to put on her. I love it!

She also loves her sunglasses! She brings them to me to put on her and then struts around, pulls them off, and brings them back to me to put on her again. She will use colored pencils to color on pages before she tries to eat them, and she still enjoys pounding on the piano! She is understanding more now, so she comes when I call her, she know not to touch if I say, "no". At about 11 and a half months she started holding her own sippy cup so that is nice. And she recently is really into singing. She squeals and shrieks and even says "la lalala" sometimes. While Rachel was here, she took Kenlee with her to Relief Society (which was a nice break for Daddy, since I'm in Primary) and Rachel said she sang through the entire closing song, which of course, caused many adoring smiles from the women in RS. When Daddy is leaving she stands by the side door looking out at him and waving. When he comes home she rushes to the door to greet him. It is so sweet!


We love this little girl, and are so blessed to have her in our lives! I just wish all of our families weren't missing her sweetness. Well I guess pictures will have to do for now!




3 comments:

Dena said...

The party looks like it was wonderful! And she is so beautiful and doing so much fun stuff. I love that sweet baby girl!

Amanda said...

what a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Callie, thank you for the words and pictures. She is so adorable - I can imagine her doing all the things you described. Love her so much!!!