Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Randon, and his really good high school buddies Billy and Joe.

Oh so fun! We weren't supposed to go until Friday afternoon but we decided to surprise the fam and drive up Thursday night. Friday night Randon had a "Friend Reunion" party. It was a bunch of his friends from high school and some of our mutual friends from college. It was so much fun! We hadn't seen some of them since our wedding! We had dessert and just visited. It was good times. Afterward we visited at Kristy and Adams for a little while, and then went out to dinner with Jess and Rob (who are expecting their first child due in March! YAY!)
Adam and Randon. Adam stopped to pose for me....... Jess and Me
I fell in love this beautiful little girl...................... Me and Jennalee
Josh and JennaLee, Dave and Whitney and us.
These are some of my old EAC buddies. Whitney, Jessica, and Kristy. We were trying to spell EAC but it didn't really work out so well. :)

Saturday was my cousin Rachel's wedding. She married Allen Knight. It was so special. We were invited to their sealing, which was very wonderful and sweet. Rachel was a glowing, beautiful bride. Then they had a dinner in Scottsdale, so we drove over with my parents and Tawny and Will. (On the drive we heard the good news that Leslie and Brian are expecting! YAY!) At the dinner we sat at a table with some fun cousins and enjoyed the great food, company, and most of all...CHOCHOLATE! It was everywhere and scarfed down by everyone! Rachel has always been a chochoholic, so it's no surprise there was lots of it at her wedding. :)
Me and the Beautiful Bride.
Me and my sweetheart.
My cousin Amanda and I matched skirts so we took a picture at the temple.

Saturday night after all the wedding festivities, we stopped by my Aunt Ellen's for a quick look through my Grandma and Grandpa Jones' stuff. It was so fun to look through all their things. It smelled like them and brought back so many fun memories. It was like being in their home again. I got a quilt, a windchime (they collected them), a couple of dresses from Ghana (where they served one of their three missions), a paper mache doll, and Randon got a bunch of really cool old church books, including a 1920's Book of Mormon. It was really fun.
Sunday was nice and lazy. After church and dinner, me and my mother-in-law sat down for hours and made cards. I love making cards with her! It was so much fun. Even when we don't do a lot of talking, it's just nice to have someone right next to you enjoying it as much as you are! (Love you mom! Thanks!) While we did that, the boys played Halo. It was so funny to hear them laughing and shouting in the next room.
All in all we had a really great time! Hooray for LONG weekends!

5 comments:

Krissa said...

HOORAY for LONG weekends...for sure! I love when you guys come to visit...and wish there was more time to play. It was so fun...and I loved busting out Halo...that was fun!
Love you guys! Thanks for coming!!!!

Walters Family said...

It WAS a BLAST! I DO LOVE making cards with you. It is fun to just create and "zone out". I love you guys coming and visiting too. We had a LOT of fun! Yes, it was fun listening to the guys in opposite rooms playing and schemeing (sp?) in halo! Thanks for coming!!!

Kylee said...

That picture of you and Randon is SUPER cute!!

Melissa said...

Callie - I just wanted to tell you that you look so gorgeous in those pics! That's all:) And I think it's funny how I have connections to some of your old EA friends. AZ is so small sometimes... Hope you are doing well!

Meagan said...

I totally remember all the windchimes outside their house! I'm glad you got some. Also, cute cards! I love card making and haven't done it in such a long time!